Our Wildheart Founder, offers specialist Oncology Yoga classes to improve the lives of cancer survivors. Jane has been providing oncology yoga to those living with a cancer diagnosis through a partnership with Cancer Council Tasmania since early 2018.
Oncology Yoga is an evidence informed yoga method tailored to address the specific physical and emotional needs left by the cancer and cancer treatments. It is an active practice that matches breath and movement to mitigate the short and long term side effects that cancer patients and survivors face like bone loss, lymphedema, scar tissue, constipation, neuropathy, fatigue, anxiety and many more. yoga4cancer is Oncology Yoga.
yoga4cancer is designed to help cancer survivors achieve the oncology and healthcare organization recommendation to speed recovery or defend against cancer reoccurrence.
Each session will:
- build strength and flexibility
- strengthen the immune system and the lymphatic function
- reduce cancer related fatigue
improve sleep and reduce anxiety
- increase bone density
- help manage common side effects like lymphedema, constipation and neuropathy
- and encourage survivors to participate in their wellness plan